Tuesday, September 16, 2014

First Change Done

Hey all!

So, many big changes this week.

Tuesday we found out that many of us (including Anderson and myself) would be getting new compañeros to train. This was a big surprise because normally trainers stay with their newbies for 12 weeks. We'd only been together for 6.

But, ready or not, it happened anyway. Anderson headed to Ruben Darìo to continue the training of Elder Baldwin, and Elder Alfaro came to Waspan Sur to be my new compañero. I'm not bothered by this too much. Alfaro's a great guy, and I've worked with him a little bit before in several divisions.

So, Sunday we got this investigator named R_____ to go to church with us. He's a really smart guy, and loves reading and studying the scripture passages we assign him as "homework." We've put a baptismal date for him on the 27th.

Not only that, but we got this random guy named A___ to come to church with us, too, after contacting him right there in front of the church and inviting him inside. We'll see if he stays interested.

And that's not all! We were sitting in Priesthood Hour when who should show up, but J___! That's right, he came back! I don't know if he'll continue to take lessons from us, but he's agreed to a teaching session on Tuesday. So, we'll see where this goes. This is a big step for him, to come to church on his own like that.
So, that's pretty much it here.

Quick question: Has the U.S. officially declared war, or are we still just sending aid and air strikes? Because the rumor floating around here (and the official Nicaraguan news) is that the U.S. has declared war and is deploying 4500 troops to Iraq. Just wanted to check with you guys.
Last picture with my trainer Elder Anderson. I don't have one with Elder Alfaro yet.

I love you all. I love you Mom, Dad, Alex, Bree, and Bodhi.
-Zach

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Hey all!
1.    How much time do you have now for email? You said it was shortened. PLEASE send pictures each week if you can!
*We now have roughly 30 minutes thanks to a passing joke made by Elder Alonzo that Presidente Collado took seriously. This week I can't send any pictures because the Ciber we normally go to is closed and this one I can't access my camera. So it'll have to be next week. Sorry.

2.    What was one thing that you felt inspired by Elder Alonso? 
*I'm not sure I have a lot of time to answer this, but one thing that really struck me was that he told us to pray our hearts out, forget all the obstacles, and be more direct in our contacts.


3.    How’s the search for investigators going for you and Elder Anderson
*We've now set a baptismal date with an investigator named R____. I'll say more in the big email.

4. What is a typical Sunday like for you? Do you have to teach any classes? Do you have 3 regular meetings?
*We haven't had to teach anything yet, but we go to two classes and then Sacrament meeting at the end. We always try to have at least one investigator with us each Sunday.

5. How are your feet? Blisters? Ingrown toenails? Do you have to dry out your shoes regularly? Are you using the shoe dryer at all?
*I use the shoe dryer almost daily. No ingrown toenails, but I've had a few bilsters from all the walking around as it's raining. By the way, the "drought" seems to have passed. It rains every day now. And we walk through tons of mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a positive and uplifting thought...