Monday, December 22, 2014

SAAAANTAAAAA!!! OH MY GOSH!!!

Hey all!

Almost time to talk face to face! I'm super pumped.
Feliz Navidad

Shout out to Kara & Brandon, Kassie, and Kiki for their supportive emails. They really mean a lot to me. Also shout out to Irmã Lauren Bos and Elder Hayden Bos for their continuous updates. They always have a super meaningful, spiritual thought to share.

This past week was a little...different.

First off, it's super surreal to be spending my first Christmas outside family. It really reminds me of when Dad was deployed to Korea for a year and we talked through a laptop camera on Christmas.

We've kinda switched places now, huh? Just part of life, I guess.
One of the newly baptized families in our ward. Their son just turned 8 and was baptized!


So, I accidentally cut my hand open last week on Tuesday or Wednesday. It looked really nasty and there was blood everywhere, but it's okay now. I cleaned it with water, soap, and bleach. I've been taking care of it now. I'll send pictures of it on Thursday when I call you guys. It's healed up nicely, but I have to keep it dry while I shower. So I'm showering on one foot (trying to keep the infected one out of the not-so-clean shower water), with one hand to wash myself. It's like a balancing act.

More than almost ANY thing else here, this mission has taught me Patience. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I don't got much more to say in this email. I'm sorry it's so short. I'll be talking with you guys in three days, so I'll fill you in personally.

I love you all. I love you Mom, Dad, Alex, and Bree.

-Zach
Meeting my first monkey.



It belongs to an investigator.


QUESTIONS

1) First, TELL US WHEN AND WHAT TIME you can call or Skype us. We need to know at least a time range (such as sometime from 10 to 11 am).
* I will be calling at 2:00 PM Nicaragua time on December 25th. That's 1:00 PM Mountain Time. I will try my best to use Skype, but only some of the Cibers have it. So, if I don't call through Skype, it'll be through phone.

2)  How have you been? Emotionally this has been a rough time for you. Know that you are always in our prayers- I hope they bring you strength and comfort.
* I'm doing okay. This whole thing is still a surreal experience in some aspects, and routine in others. I'll say more in the big email.

3) Have you gotten a package from the Bos family? They were asking. Did you get our second package?
* I've only gotten one package from you guys and none from the Bos's. I didn't even know they'd sent one.

4) Have you gotten email from anyone else?
* I'll send a little shout out to everyone who sent me a message recently in the big email.

5) How are things going with you and your companion? Smoothly? Rough? Have you gone on any splits?
* We actually have so much in common, it's kinda creepy. We have our differences here and there, but we always turn out alright. We even have the same interests in movies, books, and other fiction. So far I've done a few divisions with the District and Zone Leaders.

6) How’s Misquito coming along? That dictionary will be sent in our next package when we get back to Colorado.
* It's been kinda slow lately. We've been focusig on studying doctrine for our investigators more than studying Miskito. I need to get on it.

-Zach


No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a positive and uplifting thought...