Monday, March 16, 2015

Moving Forward, Slowly

Hey all!
Well, this week we had some success. On Saturday we baptized D_____, who is the nephew of S_____ (our recent convert). There's now a lot of LDS members living in this one house we contacted. Unfortunately, all of our investigators have either been baptized or have fallen through, so now it's time to search for new ones again. Back to the drawing board, if you will.

I myself have been feeling pretty run-down lately,  but spirits are high. Elder Choque and I expect more success to follow as this transfer rolls on.

The 21st of March should prove to be especially interesting. President Collado has authorized the missionaries of Puerto Cabezas to perform baptisms in the ocean this Saturday, on the condition that the LDS members themselves actually perform the ordinance. The idea is to better develop relationships between recent converts and more-experienced members, instead of regular missionary-to-member contact. All in all, I think it'll be super awesome.

My toe is doing better. I've been taping it nightly and putting cotton underneath the edge to encourage nail growth that doesn't cut into my skin. It's a slow process, but my toe keeps improving. I think wider-toed shoes would be a great idea.

Other than that, not much else is happening here at the moment. Just working and healing.

I love you all. I love you Mom, Dad, Alex, and Bree.

-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a positive and uplifting thought...