Monday, March 9, 2015

New Area, New Thrills!

Hey all!

Well, this week was definitely super AWESOME! After finding, meeting, and teaching a slew of Elder Salazar's former investigators (and a few of my own), we baptized five people this past weekend:
A_______, J______, S______, D______, and C______.






A______ and J______ are husband and wife, S_____ is A______'s aunt and D_____'s mother, and C____ is the new daughter-in-law of a very active member here in Loma Verde.

I am so amazed with the miracles that the Lord has blessed us with this past week. Elder Choque and I are pumped to be working in this new area, and we expéct more success in the near future. Not only through baptisms, but through finding and bringing back the almost-countless less-actives.
Nasty ingrown toe problem--still lingering.

Dead spider on a machete.

I'm super excited to be working in this new area, even though I'm still coming to terms with the newfound responsibility placed upon me.

I think it's really cool that you guys decided to do the list of friends! I know that in accordance with the promise given to us by several church leaders, at least one family in your growing list is ready to accept the Restored Gospel into their lives. I know it brings a little uneasiness, especially given the fact that these people are your friends and neighbors, but I promise you that this is the best (and most important) message that they will ever hear in their entire lives. You can be the ones to make that difference in their lives; to bring them a new hope that they may not have ever previously considered.

So, in other news, I've had several of the Latino missionaries here tell me that I look a lot like Buzz Lightyear. Weird. And unexpected.

Anyway, I've sent some pictures of not only the baptisms, but of my toe and also a huge spider I killed the other day with a machete. There's a ton of them here.

I love you all. I love you Mom, Dad, Alex, and Bree.

-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a positive and uplifting thought...