Monday, November 16, 2015

Got Mah Stuff!

Hey all!

No recording this week; sorry!
But! Lots of goings-on!
Today I had to travel to Managua with Elder Reese to renew my cédula (residency/citizenship card). So, got the lovely opportunity to stand up for two hours in a bus full of people traveling south to the capital.
Everything went off without a hitch. Got my cedula renewed and had the aweome opportunity to retrieve my extra luggage. These are the bags I haven't seen in a year or so.

Speaking of which, it appears the email that Dad sent to President Collado did the trick. I was able to organize the bag pick-up quite smoothly, as compared to previous failed attempts/requests.

Said hi to Elders Baldwin, Le Sueur, and Perkes as well (CCM groupies). They also came to renew their residency cards. These cards have an expiration date of exactly one year after the day they're issued, so this was the last time I had to renew it. Apparently in mission-speak that's like big news. Following this milestone will be the "second Christmas" (in the mish), second Mother's Day, and so on and so forth. I'm kinda starting to count the time down a bit.

Elder Reese says the official day count is "511 days in the mish as of today," or something like that. I gotta stay focused so I can finish strong.

As for the "guitar" business, I'll need to practice again before I record anything. It's been over a year since I last played a guitar.

I hope all is well at home. I love you all.

Dad, my prayers are with you as you cope with your good friend's passing. I know one day you will be able to speak face-to-face with him once more.

Bree, HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! I'll get to tell you again next week, but I wanted to put an early smile on your face. Hope you are enjoying your time with family.

Mom, stay strong. Thanks so much for all your constant advice and care. I love you.

Alex, go on some dates and think of me when you do! (haha) I'll get home soon and then you and I can go on a double date with whoever you've got planned. I'm proud of you sis.

-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a positive and uplifting thought...