this past week was a rollercoaster of miracles and weird physical
infirmities, but thankfully it's all resolved itself now.
found a TON of new investigators; most of them were references from
members in our area. We're back in business. All are at varying stages
of positivity, but that's to be expected.
One of my favorites
is a guy named C_____. He's never considered himself to be particularly
religious, but his older brother was a bible studies teacher some years
back. So, not really isolated form religion either (his older brother's a
We contacted him while trying to locate a separate
reference, and ended up sharing a great deal of our message with him.
We didin't think much of it at the time but when we passed by the
following day, he'd thoroughly studied the entire pamphlet we gave him
(a rare thing here) and wanted to know more.
inspired teaching and elaboration, he expressed his desire to walk in
Christ's footsteps, but that he wasn't sure how to do it.
Davidson and I kinda glanced at each other, then jumped into the prophet Alma's invitation to baptism. He accepted.
are my favorite type of lessons, I've come to realize. The ones where
the people we are teaching express a desire to repent and start anew
before we present it to them. I feel that it makes the whole scenario a
bit more spiritual.
Anyway, not much else happening here.
are pretty rough with Elder Davidson right now. I feel that it might be
the culture gap, but I'm not sure. One minute everything's going great
between us and the next he's super pissed off.
I dunno. I need to find how to be more Christlike to him.
I love you all.
1) We’ve been worried about you all week! Are you feeling better? -I am feeling much better, thank you.
2) Did you take any medicine? -I took some anti-bug stuff (Mebendazol) over a period of 3 days.
3) Was it viral or bacterial or parasitic? -Dunno. But it was high time I took some anti-bug stuff again.
4) How was your singing event? -It will take place on the 25th of January (Happy 19 months)
5) Are you still with your same companion? How is that going? -I'm in a really rough patch with him right now, even though we've been having a lot of success lately. I'm doing my best.
It appears that many things have transpired in a short time.
Mom, Alex, and Bree, I want you to know that my heart and my prayers are with you, even though I myself cannot be right now.
I love each of you so much.
just got back from Managua (again). I've been invited to participate in
a dual-mission choir (North & South Missions) for a multi-mission
conference that will take place on January 25. We'll get to enjoy talks
by President Craig C. Christensen of the Presidency of the Seventy and
Elder Alonso of the Seventy as well.
night, I came down with a terrible illness. At least, I felt terrible.
My whole body ached, I lost my voice, I had a pounding headache, and my
back muscles began spasming involuntarily. Fortunately, I managed to
sleep most of the night.
I have no idea what the sickness was,
but I offered a fervent prayer to Heavenly Father, asking that both my
body and my voice might be healed for today's travels.
I woke up this morning with neither sore throat nor body pains; just some soreness from the spasms last night.
guess what I'm trying to say is that the Lord loves us deeply and just
like He's promised SO many times in the scriptures, He will watch over
us and answer our prayers.
Never Forget the power of prayer. It is real and everyone can partake of its blessings.
1) How did you spend your New Year’s Eve? Was it filled with escapades of drunk people chasing you through the streets of Leon? Or was is more low key and you were able to sleep uninterrupted all night? -We spent New Year's Eve with the extended family of some members in our ward (they're awesome). More details on the recording.
2) Did you have a chance to set some new goals? We talked about them over Christmas. What are they? -Perhaps a more detailed recording would be better. I'll make one for next week.
3) You mentioned that your tummy was bugging you earlier. Have you taken the medication you took before to get rid of your parasite? If not, you should do so now, and then again in a couple of months. -Will do.