Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Under 20 Weeks!

Hey all!
Still waiting for your guys' email, but I'm gonna go ahead and send my own.
Not a bad week; but definitely not the most eventful.
Most of our investigators fell through, for one reason or another. Basically a sudden lack of interest. Not totally unusual; I've seen this many a time.
One of our most positive investigators at the moment is a young lady named J_______. She's the bishop's niece. Her mother is a less-active member who's sadly become more interested in the local evangelical churches and has long since stopped attending the LDS church.
However, J______ grew up in a very Bible-centered home and at a young age developed an interest in the scriptures and doctrine. We met her a few weeks ago and were able to share some of the Restoration with her, connecting it to several key points of doctrine found within the Bible.
Her reception was very positive, as she was able to see the doctrinal connection between old and new.
She's come to church several times now, and participates actively in discussions. She's got a baptismal date for this Saturday.



Also also, BRONCOS WON. 24-10.
That's all I have to say about that.
Let's just say I've got some really good member friends who I happened to eat dinner with last night.
Yeah.

And, Congratulations to Alex for her recommendation AND her dance proposal (that's what it's called, right?) and Congratulations to Bree for All-State. I knew you'd do awesomely.

As to the trip, when would the time frame be? I want to be home at the start of August so that I can welcome home a couple of my friends from the mission- namely, Elder Choque (He ends August 2 and he invited me to his homecoming). Personally, I'd prefer a trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua, but if it doesn't work, the other option's fine.

Just received your email as I finish writing this. Whew, you guys had me worried for a sec.

I love you all!
-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a positive and uplifting thought...